National Taiwan University, Department of Library and Information Science
Application Deadline: January 10, 2024.
The Department of Library and Information Science at National Taiwan University is seeking to employ two full-time faculty.
1. Qualification: *Doctoral degree in library and information science, information management, information and communication, educational technology and related fields *Those who can teach required courses in LIS are preferred
2. Documents Required: *Photocopy of doctoral diploma; Those who have not yet received the diploma at the time of application must provide a formal statement from the degree-granting institution indicating that it will be in hand by the time of appointment *Transcripts of the master’s and doctoral studies *Photocopy of working experience certification *Resume *List of publications and the full text of the representative and supporting works (must include print copy in the application package; must also send the electronic files to email@example.com ) The applicant should designate his/her representative and supporting works and provide the full text of the works for the hiring review. The representative work should include at least two published journal articles/book chapters or one scholarly monograph. The doctoral dissertation may serve as the applicant’s representative work if assistant professor is the intended rank. If the appointment begins on August 1, 2024, the representative works should be published no earlier than August 2019, and the supporting works should be published no earlier than August 2017. If the appointment begins on February 1, 2025, the representative works should be published no earlier than February 2020, and the supporting works should be published no earlier than February 2018. 【For the definition of representative works please refer to: https://edu.law.moe.gov.tw/EngLawList.aspx?id=FL008629】 * Course plans and syllabi (must include course introduction, teaching goals, weekly schedules for 16 weeks, and required readings).
3. Other Requirements: *The applicants who pass preliminary review by our search committee will be invited to give a presentation to our faculty (travel expenses to be paid by the applicant) *All applications will not be returned.
4. Date of appointment and position official rank: The appointment begins on August 1, 2024, or February 1, 2025. The official rank appointed is according to working experience and qualifications.
5. Application deadline: January 10, 2024
6. How to apply: *All the documents must be prepared in printed format and mailed to the Department of Library and Information Science Address: Professor Yu-Wei Chang Department of Library and Information Science, National Taiwan University No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei 10617, Taiwan, R. O. C.
*The applicants who are abroad can email the electronic package. If the applicant is recommended by the search committee as a candidate for external review, the department staff will notify and will have to receive the complete hard copy of the application.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 886-2-3366-2958 Fax: 886-2-2363-2859